Regulated Entertainment

Laws regarding licensing can apply to a broad range of activities including (but not limited to):

  • A performance of a Play
  • An exhibition of a Film
  • An indoor Sporting Event
  • A Boxing or Wrestling Event (indoors or outdoors)
  • A performance of live Music
  • Any playing of recorded Music, unless incidental
  • A performance of dance

Please contact us for advice on how to obtain appropriate Licenses for your Event. Dial 0207 183 0084 or email

How do I obtain a licence to provide entertainment?

Unless temporary entertainment is being provided or the entertainment or location is exempt under the Licensing Act, it will be necessary to apply for a premises licence or club premises certificate from the relevant licensing authority.

In order to apply for a premises licence, or club premises certificate an application must be completed and be accompanied by, an operating schedule, a plan of the premises and, if the application is for a premises licence which includes authorisation for the supply of alcohol, a form of consent given by the individual whom the applicant wishes to have specified in the premises licence as the premises supervisor. The applicant will be required to advertise his application and notify it to specified, expert bodies. There will also be a fee.