Solicitors offering a convenient remote Independent Legal Advice service, or witnessing and certification services via our London Bridge, SE1 office
When you purchase or remortgage a property, there may be some elements that require receiving independent legal advice from a different solicitor within a different firm, or assistance with ID certification. A third party connected with your transaction may require you to obtain independent legal advice as your acting solicitor cannot advise you or a co-client on certain aspects.
The reason why mortgage lenders need people to obtain independent legal advice is so that once a matter has concluded, that party will not be able to claim that they were not given the opportunity to obtain any advice and make a claim or counter-claim against the lender. Nor will they be able to claim that they entered into the transaction under duress by the borrower.
Ola Leslie Solicitors offers an instant booking service
and we are able to arrange independent legal advice and/or witness your signature on a:
– Personal Guarantee / Deed of Indemnity
– Joint Borrower Sole Proprietor Mortgage (often with HSBC, Barclays, Metro, Family Trust, Danske Bank International Luxembourg etc)
– Deed of Consent / Occupier’s Waiver / Letters of Postponement,
– Indirect mortgage
– Mortgage where you are adding someone else’s debt onto it
– Deed of Gift for a donor / gifted deposit
– Equity release
– A fraud restriction on a title register (Form LL restriction) – removing by way of a certificate of compliance, or adding one on
– A Statutory declaration for Solvency
– A Statutory declaration for an easement / right of way
– An affidavit
– PE2 and PE3 swearing
– Transfer of Equity – being removed from the title or being added on to the title
– Mortgage / Loan Redemption
– Help to Buy Redemption
– Bridging Loan
– Commercial Loan
– Offshore mortgage
– Second Charge
– We can also assist you with general ID / document certifications and pre-legalisation certifications.
– Bespoke situation not listed above – please enquire – we deal with pretty much everything property related no matter where you are based, nationwide or worldwide.
Our rates are very reasonable and competitive. We deal with all properties and land in England and Wales, and all clients, whether companies or individuals, worldwide.
When obtaining independent legal advice, it is important to ensure that the firm you choose to advise you is acceptable to your lender. Some will often require that the firm must have at least three or four partners/SRA managers, and have indemnity insurance of at least £3,000,000.00 which we have. We are accredited with the Law Society’s CQS (Conveyancing Quality Standard) which is a compulsory accreditation for most lenders to be on their legal panel, and we are members of FIBA (Financial Intermediary and Broker Association). In these circumstances, we have never been refused by any high street, buy to let, or bridging lenders to provide independent advice. There have been instances where advisees have obtained advice from firms and lenders have rejected the documents and requested that they use another firm with the aforementioned credentials.
We can provide independent legal advice by email, post and by video call, i.e. WhatsApp, Skype, Facetime etc and you can therefore do this from your home or office which saves a great deal of time. In most circumstances, we can assist you on short notice.
or call 02071830084 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for details on our fees and our service.
The contents of this page are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this page.